Terms and Conditions
We, Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting, thank you for choosing our activity and want to ensure that you have fun in a safe and healthy environment. The staff at Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting takes all steps to identify and minimise potential dangers. By participating in this activity you (‘the customer’) agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. Booking and Payment
1.1 Payment is required prior to the start of any tour departure. The name that will appear on your credit card statement for payments to Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting will be Vibrent NZ (2016) Ltd. Amounts charged will be in New Zealand dollars.
1.2 The booking fee includes courtesy vehicle transport to and from the range from appointed meeting place, safety briefing, tuition if required, ammunition, firearm, clay targets and appropriate safety gear.
2. Cancellation, Changes and No Shows
2.1 Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting is an outdoor activity and although under cover, at times we may have to cancel tours due to circumstances beyond our control such as, but not limited to machinery breakdown, extreme weather conditions and insufficient bookings. In the unlikely event of Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting making a cancellation, we will endeavour to find you an alternative time if possible. If we are unable to reschedule, we will provide a full refund.
2.2 You can change the time and date of your booking up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure time at no extra charge. Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting may refund up to 100% of the fee for cancellations made by the customer up to 24 hours prior to your tour departure time. Any cancellations made within 24 hours of the tour departure time will incur a fee of up to 100% of the price payable for your booked activity. Refunds will be at the sole discretion of Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting.
2.3 Failure to attend a pre-booked tour will incur a fee of up to 100% of the price.
3.1 Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting requires that customers adhere to the rules and instructions of the Range Officer at all time.
3.2 Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting retains the right to refuse participation to anyone whose behaviour causes concern for the safety of staff or other customers in any way. This can include, but is not limited to aggressive language or behaviour, general nuisance to the wider group and or staff, suspicion that a customer is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, failure to follow instructions, and any acts that, in the opinion of the Range Officer, compromises the safety of others. A refund will not be provided to anyone who joins a tour and is subsequently declined participation for any reason. Misuse of the firearm or unsafe practices will result in the immediate end of activity for that person/group.
3.3 Any person who has had a firearms licence refused or revoked in New Zealand or any other country may not participate in this activity.
3.4 If you have any medical condition that may affect your ability to take part in this activity then Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting require that you seek medical advice from a suitably qualified medical professional prior to booking this activity.
3.5 This activity may not be suitable for children under the age of 13 years. Young people aged 15 years or younger must be accompanied during the activity by a paying parent or legal guardian and the young person must be of a stature considered appropriate by the Range Officer for holding and firing a shotgun. Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting reserves the right to refuse entry to any person that the Range Officer considers to be incapable of carrying out the activity.
3.6 Whilst every effort to care for your safety is undertaken, Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting accepts no responsibility in respect of injury to persons, loss or damage to property.
3.7 Any unauthorised removal of firearms or ammunition will be considered as theft and will be reported to the New Zealand Police immediately.
I, ___________________________________________ confirm that:
1. I have read, understood and agree to the above terms and conditions.
2. I will follow all instructions from the Range Officer and understand that my participation in this activity will cease if my behaviour causes concern for the safety of others.
3. I agree that if in the opinion of the Range Officer, I am not capable of operating the firearm safely once the activity has commenced, there will be no refund payable if I am declined further participation.
4. I am physically fit and able to take part in this activity. I confirm that I have no medical condition that affects my ability to take part in this activity. I consent to receive any medical treatment that is required due to illness, injury or accident that occurs during the activity and indemnify Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting against any claims in respect of this treatment.
5. I have not had a firearms licence revoked or refused either in New Zealand or any other country.
6. By participating in this activity I am assuming all risks personally and to the extent permitted by law, release the operator Vibrent NZ (2016) Ltd trading as Franz Josef Clay Target Shooting(and its Directors and Staff) from any liability, claims, losses, damages and expenses.
For parents or legal guardians of young people only:
7. I confirm that I am the parent or legal guardian of the young person booked to undertake this activity.
8. I agree that if the young person is not capable of operating the firearm safely once the activity has commenced, there is no refund if the young person is declined further participation.
9. I agree to ensure that the young person in my care adheres to all of the terms and conditions of this activity and to the instructions of the Range Officer.
(Print name) _____________________________________
Bookings are essential
If you are booking a tour within the next 24 hours we recommend you visit or telephone one of the booking offices below:
Scott Base Tourist Information Centre
22 Main Road, SH6
Franz Josef Glacier
iSite Visitor Information Centre
63 Cron Street
Freephone in NZ 08002SHOOT (0800-274668)
Or, text or call us on +64-27-7726590 (until 9pm)